Due to continuing success of the business, we are currently recruiting for a Service Controller on behalf of a leading distributor of construction, agricultural and material handling equipment.
Operating for over 40 years, they have a staff force of over 40 skilled engineers and a number of service departments across the South West.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the primary function of the role will be to manage the diaries of up to 10 service engineers for workshop and field based work. You will be responsible for ensuring the service team have clear objectives and through efficient planning, achieve the service targets and budget requirements.
You will need to maintain regular communication with all customers whilst their equipment is being worked upon and advise of attendance/delays to reduce engineering downtime and maintain customer relationships.
- To ensure service team is controlled efficiently and pipeline workflow is managed to ensure maximum productivity.
- Daily timesheets are checked for accuracy and challenged where needed and approved.
- Customer disputes are managed to company policy.
- Warranty work is managed efficiently from start with clear instructions including repair time schedules and that claims are submitted and followed up, as per company policy.
- To ensure your team, the workshop, depot area and vehicles under your control always presents a professional standard.
- Motivate and coach the service team, including individual reviews: performance, training and training needs/training pathway.
- Ensure new and used machines are checked in to stock. Ensure all outward delivery machines are checked and only released in line with company policy.
- Ensure all work is carried out with regards to current Health and Safety policy standards or individual site requirements.
- To develop and maximise the working relationship with the depot manager and advise him of the needs of your department, the concerns and anything that might harm the achievement of the company’s or your own objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience from a plant/mechanical/motor trade background would be advantageous.
- High personal integrity, and able to relate to, and create trust in colleagues and customers.
- Ability to interact with all contact sources and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a satisfying experience for all parties.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.