We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager on behalf of a construction and refurbishment company based in Suffolk.
The Site Manager will manage residential projects in Essex and other areas of London.
- Managing projects across various sectors of construction with a value of up to £10m.
- Effectively work alongside a visiting contracts manager on the day to day running of a construction project.
- Work as a key member within the project delivery team.
- Ensure that safety standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all team members and contractors.
- Plan and prepare short-term programmes on site and effectively communicate them across to site-based staff and the management team.
- Undertake inspections on site to ensure compliance with client requirements and specification.
- Manage the project with a cost-effective approach and in accordance with the strategy set at tender stage.
- Manage and monitor performance of site-based staff and specialist sub-contractors, ensuring completion of tasks in accordance with construction plans, and drawings.
Skills & Attributes
- Hold a valid Site Manager (SMSTS) certificate.
- Ideally 1st aid trained.
- Good communication skills and the ability to adapt styles of management to suit various situations.
- Has a proven track record to deliver projects effectively and time efficiently.
- Previous experience working as a site manager, ideally with a national contractor.