We are currently recruiting for a Structural CAD Technician on behalf of a Structural Engineering consultancy based in the East Midlands who specialise in structural design and façade development for prestigious building projects throughout the Uk and overseas.
- Carry out Structural and Architectural detailing in a range of external façade materials in both 2D and 3D format
- Drawing/detail production from Engineers sketches and from scratch using architectural drawings and or concepts
- Take responsibility for drawing issues and daily housekeeping in terms of project file storage.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of drawing work to agreed project deadlines, whilst meeting commercial targets.
- Able to develop concept ideas into drawing details.
- Assist in developing systems and procedures to ensure that the CAD system is used effectively.
- Making sure that drawing production follows company standards.
- AutoCAD drawing and detailing for a range of materials including precast concrete, steel, brick, block and stonework.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a CAD Technician on Structural Projects.
- Experience using AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of drawing and detailing for a range of materials including precast concrete, steel, brick, block and stonework.
- A knowledge of Revit and BIM would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills are essential as you will be required to liaise with clients and work as part of a team