Continued expansion and growth of this well-established construction consultancy has created a new role for an experienced Sustainability Engineer.
As the Sustainability Engineer your role will involve the following key areas:
- Performing BREEAM and/or LEED assessments
- Project management of entire certification process from initiation to close out
- Providing support for the production of planning statements
- Verifying project designs to ensure they are in accordance with sustainability targets
- Producing of reports, guidance notes and general communications with the design teams to ensure quality and standards are achieved/exceeded
- Assisting clients in sustainability-related consultant appointments
- Identifying issues or risks that affect the delivery of a project, and identifying measures to address the issue/risk and agreeing with the team leader how these measures will be implemented
- Ensuring compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems and with relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Several years as a BREEAM Assessor
- Third-level degree qualification in a relevant discipline such as Environmental Sciences or in a construction-related discipline;
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication, including excellent report writing skills;
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work independently, without continuous supervision
Not essential but advantageous:
- LEED AP BD+C certified
- An understanding of Part L of the Building Regulations and SAP/SBEM;
- Experience in use of One Click LCA software (LCC, Life Cycle Impact);
- Experience in carrying out Post Occupancy Evaluation.
Apex Engineering Solutions is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company