Continued expansion has created various interesting and challenging opportunities for experienced Water Treatment Engineers. The company has been established for almost 50 years and specialises in packaged and engineered treatment of ‘clean’ process water and ‘dirty’ wastewater, sewage and sludge water, as well as providing ongoing operation, maintenance, servicing & spare parts.
The positions are diverse and varied and will include the following duties and responsibilities;
- Provide service engineering support to the Treatment department
- Undertake plant process evaluations and data gathering including setting up pilot plants and prototyping
- Support tendering team on both capital schemes and aftercare quotations
- Undertake site visits on behalf of the Treatment team to undertake site surveys, site audits, site meetings with customers and any other site related activities
- Site supervision of sub-contractors including undertaking the role of site supervisor on CDM notifiable projects
- Ensuring that all aspects of site projects are installed and commissioned as per the contract document and specifications on time and to a set budget.
- Responsible for relevant engineering and health and safety standards
- Capable of working with electrical circuit diagrams and specifications.
- Produce detailed service reports in a timely manner
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined by the company that may be required in order to develop the business.
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures including QA, CDM regulations and Health and Safety.
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified to Degree level in an engineering discipline, such as Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of water treatment processes and equipment and experience of process plant
- Wastewater system design and/or clean water system design, designing and selling aeration systems, Leopold Products, Flygt pumping and mixing products miscellaneous equipment sourcing e.g. airmain, blower selection, sludge handling equipment etc
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and assess priorities, very good communication skills; commitment to meeting deadlines giving high levels of customer service
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms to the company’s QA Procedures at all times.
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.