Our client is a multi-disciplinary design Consultancy, specialising in MEP, Civils and Structures, Environmental and Sustainability Surveying services across all sectors of property and construction industries, with a particular focus in rail.
They work alongside architects, developers, end users, designers and contractors on new build and refurbishment projects, including Twickenham Station (Part of Solum Regeneration Scheme) and Various Access for All (AFA) Schemes across the rail network, including Selhurst, Crawley, Cousldon South.
Continued growth has created an opportunity for an experienced Associate Engineer to lead a team focusing on growth and enhancing client relations. Working with a team of engineers and Directors you will be leading this drive to propel the business into the next stage of growth and building, mentoring and developing your team in the process.
Your main duties & responsibilities will involve:
- Performing structural analysis and design and check work performed by others to Eurocodes and other prevailing codes.
- To act as structural design team leader for projects and be responsible for the technical quality of civils/structural work.
- To ensure deadlines are achieved and client expectations are managed.
- To provide technical leadership and professional development for the civils/structural team.
- To prepare and present designs, reports, calculations and specifications.
- To review and approve Civil/Structural engineering calculations.
- To conduct technical review of projects.
- To mentor more junior engineers/technicians and to ensure good engineering design delivery from drawing practices to document control and management
- To interface with clients and other disciplines (including M&E, SISS, Architecture, Track and Signals), attending and as required, chairing and minuting key meetings, and in particular IDC/IDR type rail meetings.
- To provide support as required to support internal management of RISQS and ISO certifications, e.g. adherence to policies, processes etc.
- To support the company to be compliant with health and safety, quality and environmental requirements, following legislation, standards, quality assurance and company administration policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- BEng or BSc and MICE or MIStructE,
- CEng or working towards.
- Several years relevant consultancy experience.
- Civils / Structural engineering background.
- Experience working on a mixture of projects in a variety of sectors i.e. Transportation, Commercial, Retail, Industrial etc.
- Structural / Civil design, buildings, roads, rail and project administration, drawing and project document preparation, both to be able to lead and delegate through a team and be hands on.
- Leading a team of engineers on projects.
- Experience of site inspection, witness testing and supervision of contractors.
- A good understanding of rail procedures on multi-disciplinary rail projects to coordinate would be beneficial but not essential.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company