An opportunity has been created to work for this leading Principle Contractor within their roofing and cladding Division. Projects include retail outlets, offices, manufacturing industry, schools, universities, hospitals and public buildings. As the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects on time, within the budget and to exceptional standards. Working closely with the Managing Director, Estimator and Project Managers to manage projects from award through to completion. You will ensure that, from concept to completion, the pre-development and construction process is managed effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Attend Estimating Handovers
- Pre-planning of projects to ensure adequate resourcing
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient information is provided in a timely manner by the Designers
- Review drawings and raise requests for further information (RFI) as required
- Produce RFI schedules
- Work with QS to procure and engage with subcontract labour
- Produce construction methodologies and tender programmes
- Produce labour, plant and material forecasts
- Profit plan review
- Carry out material take off’s to be passed to purchasing team
- Ensure material orders are placed in a timely manner to allow construction programme to be achieved.
- Provide support to the Project Managers
- Manage client expectations
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental excellence
- Produce and track construction programmes
- Produce and submit information required schedules
- Supply chain engagement
- Work closely with the QS to manage change control
- Review labour, plant and material forecasts with the Project Managers
The successful candidates should possess the following key skills and experience
- Relevant experience of roofing & cladding contracts/project management/site management
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations including CDM
- Experience in a customer facing role, with an ability to build client relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements
- Computer literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Black Card
- Asbestos Awareness
- Full clean Driving licence
- NVQ level 6 or equivalent in construction or a related discipline – preferable but not essential.
Benefits include – Death in service benefit, enhanced pension contributions, healthcare cash plan, gym membership.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this company