Our client is a multi-discipline Principal Contractor offering a full range of construction, design and building services. Working in the industrial, commercial, retail and food production markets for both new build and refurbishment projects.
Continued growth has created a new exciting opportunity for an experienced estimator.
- Assist the Project Development and Commercial Manager in assessing potential tender opportunities, and provide feedback to be considered as part of the company’s Decision to Bid Process
- Ensure that all tender opportunities are logged in estimating workload tracker and tender register, and ensure the trackers are up to date
- Develop new leads and opportunities for the business when possible
- Attend initial Bid Team Meeting/ Discussion with key stakeholders in relation to the bid
- Ensure that all tasks allocated as part of the bid team are completed in a timely manner
- Visit project sites (national locations) if necessary
- Prepare, collate, submit and manage tender RFIs
- Prepare and issue subcontract enquiries
- Establish strong lines of communication with tendering subcontractors.
- Regular contact to be made with all tendering subcontractors to ensure willingness to bid, all enquiries are received and all queries issued are addressed
- Retrieve, review and assess subcontract tender returns ensuring that the terms of the enquiry have been met
- Carry out materials take off for works if necessary
- Obtain quotations for plant and materials
- Cost works to be delivered built up with labour, plant and materials.
- Ensure all commercial Pre-Construction documentation is filed in an appropriate manner
- Present bid proposals to the Bid Director
- An Estimator with a minimum of 5 years construction industry experience and a proven track record on projects with a value between £20,000 and £5,000,000.
- Proficiency in use of Conquest useful but not essential
- Good Maths and English skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental safety requirements.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- A construction industry qualification preferred such as HNC/D or Honours Degree
- Full UK Driving license
Benefits include – Death in service benefit, enhanced pension contributions, healthcare cash plan, gym membership.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company