A new interesting opportunity has been created at this well established, reputable M&E Contractor based out of their Sheffield offices. As NICEIC Qualified Supervisor you will be required to work under the guidance and direction of Senior Project Managers and/or the Departmental Manager.
Responsibilities and duties;
- Liaise with external bodies – (such as NICEIC representatives or other registration bodies) as and when required.
- Ensure that the business complies with all aspects of NICEIC accreditation
- Provide any technical support as required and have contact with customers across the contract portfolio in relation to our NICEIC accreditation.
- Advise engineers and the management team on any technical / electrical matters; typically NICEIC requirements on projects, planned maintenance and reactive jobs.
- Inspect Electrical installations carried out by the business to ensure full compliance with the IET Wiring Regulations BS7671 and that of the NICEIC requirements and standards.
- Inspect Electrical certification issued by engineers within the business and that of other sub-contractors to ensure full compliance with NICEIC requirements and standards
- Complete the Minor Works and Installation Certificates on completion of any electrical installations or alterations.
- Provide technical support and assistance in all aspects of Electrical Work
- Carry out post audits of other engineers electrical work, both directs and subcontractor partners as required”
- Actively monitor compliance in relation to engineers electrical test equipment
- Carry out your duties and responsibilities as appointed person for the Company NICEIC accreditation.
- Submit detailed written reports on compliance status and actions required and ensure any changes in legislation are relayed to senior management
- Assist in assessment of engineer’s qualification / competences for potential or existing staff
- Develop tool box talks in relation to Electrical Works / Certification
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes;
- IET Wiring Regulations, 18th Edition, BS 7671: 2018 (Electrical Regulations)
- Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent (or be willing to complete this within 6 months of appointment)
- Ideally, previous NICEIC QS Experience.
- Full British driving license
- Design Package familiarity with ability to undertake for small works e.g. single circuit cable calculation (Training will be given).
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Communication and influencing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- PC Literate with Microsoft office software packages.
- Extensive experience in both Commercial and Industrial environments
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation Apprentice trained or above
Apex Engineering Recruitment is an employment business acting on behalf of this company