We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor at an intermediate level. The role is to work alongside the commercial, project and design teams with the day-to-day financial control, reporting and commercial performance of one or more projects from tender to final account. Main sectors of work are Education and Health Care.
- Support in the submission of tenders by assisting with the production of Bills of Quantities, activity schedules and target costs to the required methods of measurement.
- Ensure effective and up-to-date forecasting of project earned cost, value and cashflow, to ensure cash positive positions.
- Liaising with the project team to report on and mitigate risks.
- Assist in the commercial control of all allocated projects including provision of timely and accurate documentation in accordance with the reporting timetable as required by the commercial director.
- Cashflow management including timed applications / certification / invoicing / payment / receipts and careful administration of subcontract accounts.
- Accurate valuations undertaken as required.
- Procurement of subcontract trades as directed.
- Assist with commercial management of contracts to maximise gross margin.
- Site visits as required to carry out surveying duties.
- Utilise Commercial Management Rules to ensure standards and consistency across the business.
- Assist in implementing all our policies, company and industry standards and initiatives and manage contractual compliance across all projects as directed.
Applicants should possess a BSc degree in Quantity Surveying and or Commercial Management.
A Good knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Measurement and valuation.
- Budgets and forecast management.
- Administration of contract records
- Subcontract orders and procurement.
- Responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance.
- A high level of IT literacy across packages including MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work on different projects simultaneously and maintain accurate and efficient work.
- The ability to work closely with others, drawing information from a number of sources to provide the commercial director with well-informed options and achieve best outcomes.
- Must be flexible and quick to adapt to support other work streams as and when required.
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner and achieve positive outcomes for the business.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client