This long established Children’s Home is looking for someone who can be at the exciting forefront of opening their new Semi Independent Provision. You will be involved in the policy writing, recruiting of the team, and as we grow you will expand to open new homes. With your guidance, the team will ensure that the children living within the home have the very best support, great role models and a place to call home.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
- To manage the Home and ensure the efficient operation of the service in accordance with the relevant legislation, procedures, policies and the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment, promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills.
- To support staff to achieve the highest standards of support for the young people.
- To co-ordinate and monitor casework and administrative functions of the home and evaluate standards of performance.
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the young people and to identify and prepare specific development plans to ensure the most appropriate service provision.
- To be involved in recruitment of staff including vetting, interviewing, HR processes and inducting new employees.
- To contribute to a comprehensive staff training and development programme to enable the homes staff to have available all necessary skills and levels of expertise to meet the needs of the young people.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate relationships with and between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the various internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and commissioning authorities to ensure that the care needs of new and existing residents are met.
- To chair meetings, reviews and discussions as necessary.
- To ensure at all times that professional ethics and behaviour are demonstrated by all staff at all times. Actively co-ordinate the service provision and be a focal point for support, advice and coaching to all staff within the Home.
- To assist in the Management, appraisal, supervision and support of all staff.
- To organise duty rotas in order to ensure that the needs of the young people are met at all times.
- To ensure that the Company’s financial and administrative procedures are adhered to and to work within a set budget.
- Ensure all clinical practices and medication processes within the home are conducted in line with legislation.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care which is free from oppression and where differences are respected and valued.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation required by regulators is completed to a high standard and be available for inspections, checks or interviews as requested.
- Participate in the managers `out of hours` on-call rota as well as the monthly rota with Senior Staff to undertake unannounced visits during the night to the Home.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment; ensure that the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repair/maintenance problems are dealt with promptly.
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management or equivalent such as Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Residential Management Pathway; or a preparedness to work towards the same.
- Or NVQ Level 4 Leadership and Management for Care Services.
- Or NVQ Level 4 Health and Social Care (Children’s Pathway) combined with a Leadership and Management Qualification.
- Experience working with Children who have Mental Health, Emotional & Behavioural difficulties
- Able to work within the principles of the Children’s Act.
- Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of Child Protection Issues and Procedures.
- Proven leadership and management abilities.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and written.
- Ability to produce reports.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this organisation