Purpose of the role:
To provide high quality, person-centred care to Children and Young People often involving an understanding of a broad range of often complex social, emotional and recreational needs.
To meet the individual care and support needs of the Child and Young Person using the service in a way that promotes, dignity, privacy, safety and independence.
To safeguard the children and young people by way of risk assessing, protecting their holistic welfare and ensure appropriate information sharing occurs in line with the safeguarding policy.
To ensure our residential home is a safe, welcoming environment where children can enjoy, achieve and thrive in to reach their full potential.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- To assist in the smooth running of the home, being part of a multidisciplinary team promoting a warm, caring, safe and enjoyable environment.
- To have responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of Young Person’s Support Workers.
- Support the Registered Manager with the effective and efficient running of shifts.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcome meets the standards set out in children’s legislation, and the homes working practices.
- Oversee, supervise and develop the skills of staff in their daily working practices.
- Ensure the delivery of all Young Person’s Support Workers areas and responsibilities.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of children and young people are met
- Undertaking keyworker/co-worker tasks and being responsible for the welfare of those children and young children requiring additional experience and expertise.
- To prepare individual risk assessment and placement plans for children.
- To work in partnership with parents, social workers, agencies and other professionals linked to the young person’s care plan to effectively fulfil the responsibility of parenting the young people, ensuring the maintenance of family contact where appropriate.
- To assist and supervise in the continual assessment of the needs of the children and young people
- Encourage positive development of each Child/ Young Person’s interests and attitudes.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each Child and Young Person.
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the Young People that will promote their sense of security.
- Ensure that appropriate medical help is provided in line with individual care plans/ cases of illness and accidents.
- Promote the development of an emotionally and physically healthy lifestyle for Children and Young People. Assist Young People in the development and sustaining of positive social networks with adults and other peer groups.
- To assist in the provision/preparation of meals in the home.
- Observe and assess the behaviour of our Young People in our home, using formal and informal keywork sessions to aid positive self-worth and identity.
- To engage in and supervise day to day care practices, creating an accepting environment conducive to the positive personal development of each Young Person.
- To undertake in planning for and preparation of Young People for admission or discharge, to and from residential care.
- Sound knowledge of Children’s Homes procedures and relevant issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with other staff, children / young people, schools, statutory agencies and families
- Excellent written and IT skills sufficient to complete records, write accurate reports, maintain logs, write correspondence and similar.
- Must have good communication skills and good written and spoken English.
- An understanding of budgetary management.
- An ability to give formal and informal presentations.
- Direct involvement in Ofsted inspections.
- Competence in languages other than English to aid us in our work with Children and Young People from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to work a 24 x 7 rota system (Which also covers Public holidays and weekends), lone work and complete sleep-ins.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this organisation