This Children’s home is looking for someone who knows how to make a house, a home. We are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and determined individual to work with children and young people 5-18 years old with social, emotional and complex needs.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- To assist in the smooth running of the home, being part of a multidisciplinary team promoting a warm, caring, safe and enjoyable environment.
- To have responsibility for safeguarding and promoting individual rights, providing good quality care
- To ensure domestic standards such as cooking and cleaning are set, undertaken and monitored in such a fashion as to set a good example to the children.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment; ensure that the physical state of the building is maintained to a high standard and that all repair/maintenance problems are reported promptly.
- Undertaking keyworker tasks and being responsible for the welfare of specific children.
- To prepare individual risk assessment and placement plans for children.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment, promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills.
- To contribute to the development of appropriate relationships with and between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
- Encourage positive development of each Child/ Young Person’s interests and attitudes.
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each Child and Young Person.
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with the Young People that will promote their sense of security.
- Provide firm, consistent and fair boundaries in respect of their behaviour and employ appropriate and agreed sanctions.
- Ensure that appropriate medical help is provided in line with individual care plans/ cases of illness and accidents.
- Assist Young People in the development and sustaining of positive social networks with adults and other peer groups.
- To assist in the provision/preparation of meals in the home.
- To assist and support the Young People through the process of leaving care.
- Encourage the young people to develop their full educational and vocational attainment.
- To undertake in planning for and preparation of Young People for admission or discharge, to and from residential care.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare, or Level 3 Children and Young People Workforce Diploma with social care pathway, or NVQ Level 3 Caring for Children and Young people or NVQ 3 Health and Social Care.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a Children’s residential social care setting, working with young people aged 5 – 18.
- Experience working with Children who have Emotional & Behavioural needs.
- Knowledge of relevant Child Care Legislation such as the Children Act 1989/2004, Government Guidance and Best Practice.
- Good Knowledge of Child Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- Understanding of strategies for managing challenging behaviour (incl. de-escalation procedures).
- Ability to demonstrate reasoning, numeracy, literacy and technology skills to required standard.
- Ability to deal with stressful, difficult and challenging situations appropriately and effectively.
- Sound knowledge of Children’s Homes procedures and relevant issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with other staff, children / young people, schools, statutory agencies and families
- Must have good communication skills and good written and spoken English.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this organization