We are recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer to join a specialist organisation who design, manufacture, commission and service Wet Blasting machinery on behalf of clients primarily within a manufacturing environment.
Established over 25 years ago the company provides Wet Blasting solutions to clients in the Uk and overseas across a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Nuclear applications.
As the Commissioning Engineer you will have responsibility for ensuring that all machines dispatched from have passed QA checks and have been built to the standard and specification required by the customer.
You will also be responsible for the Servicing of all models of machines at customer premises to include, general machine servicing, machine breakdowns, retrofit work and operator & maintenance training.
Although based in the South West this role is not limited to a defined geographical area and will include worldwide travel for periods of up to 4 weeks at any one time.
- Quality Assurance of machines at sub-contractors premises to ensure that the machines are built to rigorous standards and that they are built to the specification for which they were purchased.
- Final machine sign off to allow machines to be shipped
- Ensure that all new machines are commissioned and set up to the parameters for which the machine was originally sold.
- Training of operators and maintenance personnel on the machine or in a classroom environment.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and give cover for any electrical, pneumatic and mechanical faults
- Carry out retrofit work to machines on customers premises as per instructions given.
- Liaise with project engineers on all elements of design.
- Communicate with colleagues and managers with matters relating to service.
- Carry out structured and controlled sample processing as required
- Work to ISO procedures and work instructions
- Responsible for ensuring that all work carried out meets with the customer’s expectations.
- Liaise with other internal company departments and attend progress meetings as required
Skills & Attributes
- City & Guilds in an Electrical discipline
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Good knowledge of Mitsubishi or Similar PLC systems. Must be able to amend PLC programs and fault find
- Display an ability to communicate easily with colleagues, managers and customers
- Ability to accurately read and understand Electrical and Mechanical drawings
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to travel independently worldwide as required by the role, this may be for a period of up to 4 weeks and at short notice.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency