We are currently recruiting for a Field Manager on behalf of a specialist provider of energy efficient and sustainable heating installation projects and metering services to social housing schemes, charity funded projects, government initiatives and private developments throughout the Uk.
The company provide a full end to end service within the District and Community Heating sector and currently supply 180 clients throughout the Uk which in turn provides 70,000 residents with energy efficient gas, electricity and water at a reduced cost of more than 25% in the majority of cases.
As the Field Manager you will be responsible for the supervision of a team of Commercial and Domestic engineers covering the South region, overseeing both Planned and Reactive maintenance of communal heating systems. This includes consumer interface units, metering, AMR systems and prepayment systems in domestic and commercial properties.
- Engineering Team Manager role, supervising a team of Commercial & Domestic Heating Engineers
- Deliver against agreed financial targets including managing resource and cost budgets
- Providing monthly performance reports
- Carrying out engineer audits on a regular basis to ensure customer service levels and high standards of workmanship are maintained at all times and that engineers have the support of their line manager to identify any training needs.
- Ensure that each engineer has a personal development plan and the performance management process is implemented effectively.
- Improvement of engineer efficiency across all areas and auditing the quality of the workmanship and professionalism
- In conjunction with the Field Services Management, projects and scheduling teams, develop and oversee the Cyclical Maintenance Visit program, planned maintenance schedules and workload plans for the regional team.
- Planning and organisation of resources, aiding the scheduling of work to engineers within the region.
- Manage the production of risk assessments and method statements for all sites within region
- Completion of a component by contract listing for each site in the region to aid with stock control processing.
- Quality Assurance of company compliance to contractual obligations in the dwellings
- Health and Safety Management on all sites and working procedures, ensuring compliance with company procedures and H&S requirements.
- Manage and motivate Engineers to perform against objectives and company KPI’s
- Reduce engineer downtime and non-productive time, by increasing the first fix rate through training, knowledge and van stock
- Overseeing status reports on PPM within the region
- Support the Project Team regarding Upgrading & Commissioning work
- Liaise with contractors regarding any snagging issues
- Managing the commissioning and verification of new and existing metering systems/installations.
- Report all accidents and/or incidents and near misses in accordance with company procedures.
- Assist the company in achieving growth and profitability targets, through effective budget and cost management.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualification and/or Experience in HVAC and/or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Ideally NEBOSH/SMSTS qualification
- Knowledge and experience of Community & District Heat Networks and mechanical (HIU’s)
- Previous experience in managing a team of Engineers.
- A detailed understanding of various types of meters and their operation
- A good understanding of Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) systems including Mbus, Radio & DLC etc is preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems including fault finding ability
- Good understanding of prepayment systems including Point of sale units and prepayment units
- Able to understand & use technical/contractual terminology
- IT literacy – ability to use outlook express, word and excel programs.