Discipline: Health and Safety
Speciality: Auditing, HSE, ISO14001, OHSAS18001
UK Residency Required: No
Salary: £20000 - £25000
Apply by: 11/12/2017
Min Experience: years
We are currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor to join our client in Bradford on a permanent basis. This is on behalf of one of our clients who are continually growing in the current market and are looking to expand their team. The ideal candidate will have quality experience as a Health and Safety Advisor, ideally within a manufacturing/ engineering environment with sound working knowledge of ISO14001 and 18001. Additionally you will have experience in carrying out Audits and hold relevant certification to do so.
Hours of Work – 0830 – 1645- Monday to Friday
• Assist in the maintenance and auditing of ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, OHSAS18001:2007 certified integrated management systems
• Collation and recording of data as required by the HSE Manager
• Undertake ad hoc factory inspections
• Investigation of HSE related accident/incidents and dangerous occurrences with reports to the HSE Manager
• Plan and organise HSE Training
• Chair, record and produce minutes for the monthly factory/office HSE Committee
• Assist the HSE Manager with admin, communications and other duties where required
• Co-ordination and liaison of Factory and Office activities
• Provide cover when required with duties relating to field based activities
• Plan and organise H&S Inductions for all new starters to site
Skills & Attributes
• NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate.
• Demonstrable experience in a HSE Advisor role ( Ideally within a Engineering/ Manufacturing environment)
• Experience Auditing to any OR all standards of ISO 14001/18001/ 9001 with relevant qualifications to support
• Ability to work autonomously and recognising when the HSE Manager’s involvement is required.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and telephone), with the ability to work across all levels of the organization.
• Strong reasoning skills with the ability to construct sound and persuasive arguments.
• Ability to assimilate information quickly from a variety of sources in order to form a coherent fit for purpose response.
• Ability to prioritise and focus upon key deliverables and activities.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency