Due to continued business growth and recent management restructure, we are looking to recruit an Engineering Applications Manager for a leading HVAC-R business based near Brighouse, West Yorkshire.
This position will require the successful candidate to oversee the Applications team in devliery of designs to correctly suit client requirements and to also take lead in process and design improvement across the business.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to a minimum of HNC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with a demonstrable background with HVACR Plant Design with strong leadership skills and experience with process improvement.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage engineering applications resources and project manage the following engineering tasks
- Value engineering
- Replacement of obsolete parts
- Competitor bench marking
- The creation and maintenance of selection software
- Continuous Technical accuracy of product literature, spares lists, item masters and BOM’s
- Product standardisation
- Engineering document control
- Liaise with customers/commercial and the production projects team and make detailed plans to ensure projects are completed within pre-set deadlines.
- Review and improve the company’s engineering application project procedures for efficiency improvements and in line with changes to international standards and regulations.
- Oversee the management of Client witness testing ensuring product requirements, set up and pre-test/tests are carried out with assistance from the manufacturing department where required.
- Assist in the design of sales application projects
- Consult with suppliers to assess new components, materials and methods of design to reduce costs and remove slow moving / obsolete stock for application projects
- Coordinate and assist in the creation of BOM’s, wiring diagrams, 2D / 3D drawings, BIM modelling and any other manufacturing information required for production.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of sketches, layouts and preliminary costing of prototypes
- Coordinate and assist in the completion of testing in line with engineering application project requirements and in accordance with the Development Engineering procedures.
- Assisting manufacturing with ‘root cause’ analysis and ensure procedures/processes are updated to ensure repeats of the problem do not happen
SALES SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with sales engineering and customers for specifications, lead-times and costs for the completion of application projects.
- Ensure all the technical documentation requirements of customers are completed, this includes drawings, spares list and MRB’s etc.
Candidates Skills/ Qualifications
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering /Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrable background working within the HVACR Plant industry
- Strong Man Mangement skills