We are currently recruiting for a Lead Pipework Installation Engineer on behalf of a national provider of maintenance and repair services for fuel dispensing equipment and other petrol forecourt equipment.
The Lead Pipework Installation Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager to develop and grow the installation business. As a result of this the position will attract an attractive salary with potential for incentive payments as the business grows.
- Lead a team and act as a team member on full installations and testing of all pipework fills, vents, stage2 VR and suction pipework knock down re development and new builds.
- Ensure the safe and correct installation of fuel dispensers using forklift and mechanically connecting fuel pumps.
- Ensure the correct installation of chamber systems and tank gauge cables.
- Manage and oversee small works fuel infrastructure tasks such as over fill prevention valve swap outs, repair to fuel lines, line testing clearing fuel lines, probe replacements, fill cap and adaptor replacements, joint visits with tanker delivery to pin point delivery issues.
- Work with building contractors during the planning of pipework installs and make sure the site is ready for pipework installations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experienced pipefitter who has fuel industry knowledge of pipework, pipefittings & fuel infrastructure requirements.
- Previous experience of pipework installations on petrol forecourts.
- Experienced in managing small teams on various types of pipework installations.
- Advantageous for candidates who have the ability to negotiate with customers on the pricing of jobs.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise responsibilities.
- Qualified Pipefitter.
- Confined Space Training.
- Forklift Certificate.
- UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency