We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor to manage and supervise a team of electrical and mechanical engineers comprising of internal staff and external contractors.
- Manage and supervise a team of electrical and mechanical engineers both internal staff and external contractors delivering repairs to buildings across Clients’ property portfolio.
- Responsible for the accuracy of information and advice provided, ensuring this meets all professional and industry guidance and standards.
- Provide a comprehensive lift design and installation service along with systematic and detailed lift examination regime
- Develop a planned maintenance and repair service for all types of lifts including passenger, goods lifts and lifting equipment, ensuring that lifts are safe for use with high operational availability.
- Supervise works on site and brief, appoint and manage consultants for services engineering work as necessary.
- Evaluate working methods and specifications to determine the most practical and cost effective solution to undertake the works.
- Provide regular update reports to the Principal Services Engineer on cost, programme, quality and safety etc.
- Provide estimates and quotations to internal council customers and external customers.
- Provide specific risk assessments for the maintenance of plant and equipment based on statutory and operational requirements.
- Lead on ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained in a safe and legal condition, and that all checks and testing is accurately recorded and maintained current.
- Continually review processes within the Service area and recommend improvements to the Principal Services Engineer.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of a University degree relevant to Building Services Engineering
- Full membership of recognised professional organisation relevant to the post is desirable e.g. MIET, MCIBSE or MIMECH
- Experience of construction and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience of applying ISO 55000 International Standards for Asset Management and BS 8544 and required to have knowledge and application of British Standards, regulations and recommendations to use on daily basis
- Working knowledge of Legionnaires’ disease, the control of Legionella bacteria in water systems ACOP L8.
- Proven application of effective project and programme management (Prince2 or similar)
- Experience in providing technical direction with regard to construction, technology and building engineering services
- Experience of managing and ensuring building compliance according to regulations, professional guidance and good practice