We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Contracts Manager on behalf of a leading Mechanical and Electrical design and installation contractor based in the South West.
The company offer a complete end to end design and installation service for projects throughout the Uk, primarily within commercial and industrial projects such as hotel and leisure, healthcare, retail, distribution warehouses and education.
As the Mechanical Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the management of multiple mechanical installation contracts from estimate to completion and through to agreement of final accounts.
- Procurement of relevant plant and materials and sub-contractor packages
- Managing and forecasting spend using Excel type spreadsheets to ensure that the work is kept to budget.
- Analysis of labour resource requirements for the project and placement and control of labour and associated costs.
- Regular site visits monitoring works progress and ensuring the quality of work is to the required standard.
- Managing projects and delivering against contracted targets.
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment and costing of variations.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are prepared and monitored.
- Preparation of work in progress reports for submission to the Directors.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including clients, structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams.
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings.
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- Assisting in preparing tender submissions.
- Collating certification and preparation of O&M manuals
- Evaluating customer needs and responding to them.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Contracts Manager ideally with an M&E/Building Services Contractor.
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of Mechanical Services Management and a good understanding of the technical, commercial and contractual processes involved.
- Good understanding of HVAC systems
- A team player with a high level of self-motivation and organisational ability.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Analytical and methodical in approach to problem solving.
- CAD experience is preferred but not essential.
- People management and staff supervision skills.
- Competent in the use of computers and data handling including Microsoft Office systems.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency