Discipline: Commercial, Electrical, Maintenance, Mechanical
Speciality: Commercial, Electrical, Facilities Management, Industrial, Maintenance, Mechanical
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £45000 - £50000
Apply by: 17/03/2017
Min Experience: 5 years
Our Client, an industry leading Facilities Management firm are looking to recruit a Mechanical/ Electrical Estimator to join their existing team on a permanent basis to produce bid estimations for Maintenance contracts across the country. This role will be based out of the office in Warrington but will require travel to client sites across the country as and when needed. This will support the business development manager in providing estimates to support bid applications for both new and existing contracts.. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable background providing Mechanical AND Electrical estimates for maintenance contracts within the facilities sector. Excellent opportunity to join an extremely successful business who are continuing to win contracts on an ongoing basis. A Company Vehicle, Phone and laptop are provided with this position.
• Ability to manipulate excel and other data tables to integrate with internal estimating systems.
• Be able to work confidently with various spreadsheets and undertake data sorting and manipulation.
• Review and maintain the estimating database and make recommendations for improvements to increase competitiveness
• Attend customers sites and carry out site surveys and gather information relevant for compiling bid costs
• Load asset information into the company estimating system and establish labour requirements for maintenance contracts
• Prepare and request best value quotations from specialist subcontractors and suppliers.
• Development of proposal documents based on completed estimates
• Import and export data between internal estimating systems and client specific spreadsheets
• Attend customer meetings/presentations to explain bid costs.
• Assist in the handover of contracts from sales/estimating to operations teams.
Skills & Attributes
• An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to compile cost proposals.
• Ability to manipulate data and integrate data utilising formulas, pivot tables, etc.
• Experience of bidding mechanical, electrical and building fabric repairs and maintenance tenders.
• Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
• Applicants should be well organised, systematic and able to adhere to project plans for the compilation of the bid proposal in a timely manner.
• Have the ability to multi-task.
• Good communication skills are vital, as contacts will include clients, senior management, and sub-contractors.