We are recruiting for a Project Manager to join a specialist organisation who design, manufacture, commission and service Wet Blasting machinery on behalf of clients that primarily operate within a manufacturing environment.
Established over 25 years ago the company provides Wet Blasting solutions to clients in the Uk and overseas across a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Nuclear applications.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the Project Management of all non-technical elements of projects within the organisation and the management of the Project team to ensure budgetary and financial targets and deadlines are met.
This is a contract position for 12-18 months due to an increase in workload with a major client.
- Working with the project team ensure that the Project Scope defined at the beginning of the project is maintained throughout the project cycle,
- Working with the design manager and sub-contractors/production supervisor develop project lead times for new machine builds that meet the business needs
- Generate Supplier Agreements (SA) with the sub-contractors and projects leaders for new machine builds, arrange for purchase orders to be raised in line with the SA.
- Hold weekly reviews with the project team (sub-contractors and project leaders) on all machine build projects, update timelines, costs and key issue – Issue the Score Card to the project and management team on a weekly basis.
- Analyzing and managing project risk.
- Issue a weekly summary report of Machine Build Projects to the management team, detailing timeline, costs and resourcing issues.
- Generate and maintain a master project plan that covers all machine build projects, plan to include internal resource and sub-contractor capacity, within the master plan schedule potential pipeline orders and give feedback to the sales department on potential delivery dates.
- Support the project leaders on individual projects, helping resolve project issues on a daily basis, this will include resolving conflicts at machine build sub-contractors
- Undertake and organize ad-hoc purchase orders for all machine builds projects.
- Ensure that the Free Issues orders to sub-contractors are dispatched in a timely manner to meet project timescales, taking the lead in expediting orders as required. (Inc Purchaser Orders and Internal Works Orders)
- Working with Machine Build Sub-Contractors/internal production to resolve scheduling issues on existing and new projects ensuring there is enough sub-contract capacity to meet existing orders and potential orders in the pipeline
- Working with the sub-contractor, project leaders and internal accounts department to resolve invoicing issuing and ensure that purchases orders are updated on a regular basis
- Within the UK visit sub-contractors on a bi weekly basis to review all machine builds in progress and build relationships with sub-contractors and their teams to ensure good relationships for future projects.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous Project Management experience within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment is essential.
- CMI diploma in project management
- Microsoft Project Qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of managing a project team
- Have excellent negotiation skills and experience of risk management at all stages of projects.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritize.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency