We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager/Coordinator on behalf of a specialist provider of energy efficient and sustainable heating installation projects and metering services to social housing schemes, charity funded projects, government initiatives and private developments throughout the Uk.
The company provide a full end to end service within the District and Community Heating sector and currently supply 180 clients throughout the Uk which in turn provides 70,000 residents with energy efficient gas, electricity and water at a reduced cost of more than 25% in the majority of cases.
As the Project Manager/Coordinator you will be responsible for Project Delivery and providing the wider projects team with direction, support and project coordination to ensure consistency with company strategy, commitments and delivery of financial goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects and teams.
- Responsible for day to day management of the Projects delivery team
- Provide leadership, direction, support and development of the team
- Responsible for the resolution of any product or scheme related issues
- Be the interface between the Projects team, Field operations and the Product development teams.
- Lead on coordinating feedback between new and existing products
- Report and deliver on project budgets
- Manage project resources in terms of programme delivery and technical issues
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Define project tasks and resource requirement. Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Present reports for both internal and external use defining project progress, technical problems and solutions
- Management of subcontracts from Inception to final handover
- Assist in completing monthly financial forecasting on specific projects
- Ensure work packages are completed within the stipulated timescales
- Ensure payments are submitted in accordance with the contract on the due dates and ensure any retentions and variations are claimed for in a timely manner.
- Work with Field services and Training Coordinator to identify training requirements for a high performing Engineers team
- Make recommendations for system deficiencies and process issues and implements effective solutions.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualification in Mechanical OR Electrical Engineering
- NEBOSH/SMSTS qualification is desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools e.g Prince2
- Knowledge and experience in Community & District Heat Networks and mechanical (HIU’s) is preferred.
- Proven experience in Project Coordination/Management
- Demonstrable experience in Subcontractor management, risk management and change management.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency