Apex Engineering Solutions is an Employment Agency working on behalf of a leading international specialist contractor within the water & wastewater treatment industry. The company have been established for over 50 years and work within 90 countries throughout the world.
Continued expansion has created an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Senior Estimator.
- Manage and produce civil works estimating in detail as well as the incorporation of electrical, mechanical and other specialist estimates to ensure a comprehensive tender price is generated.
- Preparation of civil works bills of quantities from Clients’/In-house drawings
- Production of Plant Schedules
- Preparation of estimate summaries and bills of quantities to facilitate tender settlements.
- Identification of risk and preparation of technical/commercial risk analyses for estimates
- Preparation of tender programmes and outline resource schedules
- Understand cash flow implications of estimate & produce cash flow against programme
- Preparation and presentation of reports and recommendations on key technical/commercial issues of internal estimate summaries and active participation in tender review meetings
- Proactive liaison with UK and overseas proposals, sales and engineering staff to maximise co-ordination and communication
- From time to time take a lead in the preparation of high value, high level, budget estimates, based on outline information
- Interface in detail with design and engineering teams (including procurement, shipping and insurance staff).
- Ensure company’s quality procedures are followed in the execution of all activities
- To effectively liaise with other staff members, clients, and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction and satisfactory contract completion
- Large-scale Civil Engineering projects including water retaining structures & pipelines
- Overseas experience, preferably including Third World countries
- Strong estimating experience
- Understand the principles of potable & waste water and reverse osmosis treatment.
- Have experience of advising / controlling other members of staff in all aspects of water sewage and reverse osmosis treatment plants
- Working knowledge of CESMM
- A good working knowledge of estimating software, eg Causeway