Our client, a leading provider of Facilities Management and Professional Services, are looking to recruit a Service Desk Team Manager to join their existing team on a permanent basis to oversee a large team of service desk coordinators who manage a very prestigious contract across the UK.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable background working within an FM Help Desk based environment within a senior role with experinence in effectivley managing a team.
- To supervise a large team of service desk coordinators who manage both planned and reactive works with sub-contractors ensuring that the contractual priorities and timescales are met.
- Ensure relationships are maintained between the client and all suppliers
- To ensure that your team take ownership of each case, log information received and progress through to closure in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with agreed SLA’s and procedures.
- To ensure that your team is fully conversant and compliant with all helpdesk processes, which support the above.
- To fully support the business by establishing and maintaining an organised, structured and well managed working environment.
- To drive and motivate a team that exceeds customer expectations and delivers a first class customer service.
- To communicate effectively with Engineering Services Operational teams plus customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Use the commercial notes to ensure that each job is set up and processed in accordance with the contract requirements
- To motivate and lead a happy and productive team.
- To develop and maintain the skills and enthusiasm of all helpdesk operators in a commercial contracting environment
- Ensure that all team members taking ownership of a problem by ensuring and developing a thorough understanding of the Commercial Process.
- To keep customers well informed, coordinate mobile and static engineers and monitor work to ensure it is completed on time.
- Drive up efficiency of our Service Delivery teams. Ensuring the supply chain is working to our agreed SLAs
- Understand our contractual agreements with the customer.
- Input and deliver accurate and timely information to enable the reporting team to generate accurate status reports.
- Daily statistical analysis to ensure that our service commitments meet or exceed contracted commitments within the business operational criteria.
- Ensure that your team update customers with progress reports, where requested.
- Build knowledge of Maximo which will allow you to complete the Commercial Process; use it to open and progress jobs through to closure in a timely and accurate manner for every contract.
- To ensure that your team take ownership of their tasks and contract(s); chase all jobs raised by the customer to completion with the engineers, sub-contractors and supervisors
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- Candidates must have Experience working in a FM environment.
- Hold demonstrable experience wokring within a help desk environment.
- Commercially astute, used to a contract operating environment with SLA’s and KPI’s
- Enthusiasm to be leader in a growing and customer focused environment
- Can demonstrate good leadership skills or potential with excellent communications and organisational abilities
- Experience of a building services market would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Maximo or any Helpdesk system would be an advantage.
- An outgoing and calm approach that helps to build excellent working relations and a harmonious environment
- Ability to coach and motivate a helpdesk team to provide the best customer service whilst operating within defined contract terms and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of supply chain and supplier management.