We are recruiting for a Service Engineer to join the service and maintenance department for a specialist organisation who design, manufacture, commission and service Wet Blasting machinery.
Established over 25 years ago the company provides Wet Blasting solutions to clients in the Uk and overseas across a range of industries including Automotive, Aerospace and Nuclear applications.
As the Service Engineer you will provide a reactive maintenance service and respond to emergency breakdowns on site at customer premises as well as carrying out regular servicing of company machinery.
- Servicing of company and other machinery
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and give cover for any electrical, pneumatic and mechanical faults
- Carry out retrofit work to machines on customer premises as per instructions given.
- Liaise with project engineers on all elements of design
- Communicate with colleagues and managers with matters relating to service.
- Ensure that all new machines are commissioned and set up to the parameters for which the machine was originally sold.
- Training of operators and maintenance personnel on the machine or in a classroom environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work carried out meets with the customer’s expectations.
- Travel is a requirement in and outside of the UK as and when required.
- As member of a small company, staff flexibility and the need to carry out jobs outside this fixed job description are paramount.
- Work to ISO procedures and work instructions
- Liaise with other internal company departments and attend progress meetings as required
- Undertake ad hoc activities as directed by your line Manager or a Company Director
Skills & Attributes
- City & Guilds in an Electrical discipline
- 17th edition electrical qualification is desirable but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- A Background in a machine maintenance or field service role
- Display an ability to communicate easily with colleagues, managers and customers
- Ability to accurately read and understand Electrical and Mechanical drawings
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to travel independently throughout the Uk worldwide as required by the role, this may be for a period of up to 4 weeks and at short notice.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency