We are currently recruiting for a Site Manager on behalf of a specialist utility services company who provide installation, maintenance, metering and billing services to customers throughout the Uk.
The Site Manager will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of on-site delivery, including interfacing with clients, managing site teams and representing the company at site meetings.
- Responsible for day- to day management of all on-site works, being the single point of contact for the Clients’ site teams.
- Obtain visibility around timings for when equipment and resourcing is required and ensure the Clients’ site teams understand lead- times and when to call- off.
- Assist the Delivery Team Manager in prioritising and sequencing activities (project management duties).
- Responsible for CDM and Health and Safety of staff and sub-contractors whilst on site.
- Responsible for writing Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) and ensuring controls are in place to reduce risk.
- Prepare weekly reports to monitor site progress.
- Inform and educate clients site teams with respect to the infrastructure requirements for the company to be able to deliver its services.
- Understand latest legislation and advise on how to achieve best practice when designing heat networks – check meter locations, wider installation and commissioning requirements.
- Attend and understand the RF Survey. Distribute and explain the results of the survey to on-site teams, ensuring that solutions are both achievable and cost-effective.
- Communicate any changes to equipment and infrastructure requirements through to Delivery Manager and clients team.
- In conjunction with Delivery Manager, liaise with clients’ site management teams to agree supply and installation schedules
- Manage the day-to-day work of sub-contractors, ensuring quality control and compliance with company policy.
- Ensure reporting mechanisms are in place that enable progress to be monitored.
- Ensure accurate time keeping and records to ensure that visits can be charged where appropriate.
- Adhere to client site safety regulations & requirements whilst on any site, including monitoring sub-contractors wherever possible.
Skills & Attributes
- Site Management experience liaising with clients and sub-contractors on multiple medium value projects concurrently.
- Recognised H&S qualification would be a distinct advantage e.g NEBOSH, SMSTS, etc.
- Experience of managing/working with district heating schemes would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to read and comment upon technical plumbing/electrical schematics.
- Good IT skills. Proficient in Windows systems including Excel and Word as a minimum (MS Project an advantage).
- Site Management CSCS card or ability to work towards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be analytical; recognising errors and providing solutions;
- Ensure good time management and record keeping.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency. This is a permanent position.