Discipline: Buying, Procurement
UK Residency Required: Yes
Salary: £20000 - £30000
Apply by: 30/09/2017
Min Experience: years
I am looking to recruit an experienced Supply Chain Engineer to join my client in Yeadon, Leeds on a permanent basis. This position has been created due to expansion within the business and to ease workload from the Directors. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a buying/ purchasing role within an engineering / manufacturing environment with a working knowledge of engineering drawings. The successful candidate will be required to manage all aspects of procurement within the supply base resulting in continuous output. You will need to ensure that all purchase orders are placed to ensure materials arrive in a timely manner to meet demand and production schedules.
Candidates will have the opportunity to join a growing SME who are looking to continually expand and develop the business
• Purchasing of components using MRP Techniques to balance inventory whilst minimising risk of stock outs and ensuring that total costs are minimised.
• Manage all MRP exception messages including rescheduling, cancellations and quantity amendments
• Select most appropriate supplier and gain best price for all items particularly on quantity breakdowns.
• Placing of daily purchase orders in line with customer requirements
• To expedite all relevant materials.
• Controlling the production plan and reviewing this regularly with both the Sales Director and the production team.
• Maintaining full technical records on components and products – ensure that all drawings are linked with MRP system.
Skills & Attributes
• Ideally candidates will have a Technical/ Engineering background – Time Served / Degree qualified in an engineering discipline however those with other relevant experience will be considered.
• Candidates must have a demonstrable background working within a Supply Chain role including purchasing and production planning.
• Able to understand engineering drawings.
• Ability to prioritise workload and manage work pressure
• Good understanding of an MRP system (ideally Sage Line 50).
• Excellent communication skills.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency