Continued growth of this leading International Building Services Consultancy has created an opportunity for an experienced Associate engineer to be based in their London office.
- Responsible for the running of Major projects in the development and design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical installations, systems, equipment, facilities etc.
- Carrying out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
- Reviewing status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Develop and specify applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Survey tests and reports on existing electrical/mechanical installations
- Specify activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Ensure engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Leads on the coordination of engineering services
- Takes a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions
The successful candidate should be undertaking a lead role in detailed design and management with skills and experience in mission critical and data centre projects. A proven track record in project management delivery for large projects.
- BEng in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- MCIBSE/MIEE + appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered Eng status
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues and legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract & business law
- Knowledge of MS office applications word, excel etc
- Ability to use it based calculation and spreadsheet software
- Good understanding of bs standards/ UK regulations/codes
- Experience and understanding of invoicing and credit control
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Leadership & mentoring skills
- Good presentation skills
Apex Engineering Solutions is a Recruitment Consultancy acting on behalf of this company