An exciting and challenging new opportunity exists for an experienced Engineering Manager to work for this leading M&E and Data Communications Contractor. The position will involve taking on responsibility for the allocation of works, management, performance, and development of all field engineers within the IT & Data Services Division.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all work is strategically planned in a cost effective manner and that client requirements are met
- Working to recruit / engage strategic geographically placed engineers and sub-contractors with the right skill set and cultural fit
- Managing engineer issues, carrying out performance reviews and agreeing training and development plans
- Allocating labour requests received from colleagues in all departments
- Working with the sales team to understand the business pipeline, liaising with the operations managers and taking appropriate actions to ensure resource is in place to deliver the works
- Regularly reviewing the Positives & Improvements Control Sheet (PICS) and taking appropriate action based on entries
- Working closely with the engineering team, effectively communicating work schedules and reviewing works in progress
- Analysing engineer utilisation levels and associated costs of travel, hotels, subsistence, fuel, etc
- Changing the work schedule to accommodate short notice requests for maintenance calls and other short notice jobs and communicating any changes to the relevant colleagues.
- Utilising the vehicle tracking system in order to monitor the engineer’s whereabouts in order to manage short notice works.
- Managing any holiday requests received from field staff taking into consideration the needs of the business and managing the sickness process for all Engineers.
- In addition to the above, liaising with relevant departments including logistics, HR, H&S
- Preferably from an IT/Data Comms background
- Managerial experience is essential
- A flexible and proactive approach
- Field service scheduling experience
- Excellent communication, project management, decision-making, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Experience working with and managing field engineers
- Excellent IT skills across a broad spectrum of software systems
- Dealing with high numbers of incoming emails and phone calls in and out of normal working hours
- The ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company