We are currently recruiting for a Field Support Technician on behalf of a specialist utility services company who provide installation, maintenance, metering and billing services to customers throughout the UK.
The Field Support Technician will support the installation, maintenance and effective operation of equipment on client sites including smart metering systems and HIU’s.
- Installation and commissioning of prepayment & controlled credit systems.
- Supporting and commissioning a range of market leading Pay-As-You-Go metering systems on new build construction sites on domestic heat networks (residential).
- Using a laptop and tablet device to commission metering equipment, update records and systems.
- Problem solving and fault-finding issues on site and liaising with other trades and the main contractor.
- Liaise with & report to site staff (clients, principle contractors, consultants & heating/plumbing sub- contractors) representing the company whilst at development sites.
- Heatworks, HIU and heat meter replacement, maintenance and servicing and retrofitting Pay-As-You-Go metering systems.
- Full installation and retrofitting Pay-As-You-Go metering systems, including prepayment valve, spur, wiring and commission (mainly in occupied homes).
- Hydraulic Interface Unit (HIU) replacement, maintenance and servicing (mainly in occupied homes).
- Installing and replacing heat meters on district heating networks.
- Provide reactive maintenance including equipment installed in people’s homes, or commissioned within a scheme but not yet handed over to clients/residents.
- Carry out post-installation upgrade/maintenance programmes
- Interact with clients & customers on site at developments.
- Maintain personal equipment & stock of spares/consumables to a level ensuring continuity of service.
- To offer a support role with problem solving and fault-finding AMR systems, including heat meters, MBUS networks, ZigBEE wireless RF networks, etc.
Skills & Attributes
- NVQ level 3 plumbing and heating OR Electrical qualifications to the same level (with a willingness to be trained up in the other discipline)
- SMSTS or H&S qualification would be desirable.
- Previous experience working on pre-payment or smart metering systems and HIU’s.
- Must hold CSCS card (or able to get one).
- First aid trained would be desirable.
- Clear Driving licence
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency. This is a permanent position.