Our client is a leading utility services company providing services to distributed energy schemes in the UK, residential heat networks and district heating schemes. Clients include private developers, construction contractors, high volume residential landlords, managing agents and social housing providers. Services provided include metering, billing, installation (and retrofit) of pay-as-you-go / metering equipment solutions, site management through construction and ongoing operation & maintenance.
As a key role within the Installations Team, the IT Technical Manager is responsible for managing the technical aspects of installing and supporting all Insite field-based Pay-As-You-Go equipment and supporting IT infrastructure. The role will require a substantial amount of time on site, both working on systems and proactively engaging with clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all field- based technologies; including installing, commissioning, fault finding and maintaining dataloggers, Gateways, repeaters, routers, & IP Power Down Plugs.
- Manage and oversee survey’s; existing and new sites, radio- frequency, GPRS, MBUS, including creating reports, drawings and overseeing orders
- Manage 3rd parties e.g. cloud service provider, BT or other ISP’s and clients & contractors.
- Manage and support contractors with the technical aspects of installing systems across multiple sites under construction (upwards of 40+).
- Responsible for planning and accurate ordering of IT equipment for upcoming sites.
- Manage and report progress of IT across sites in construction to the Senior Site Manager and attend regular progress meetings.
- Provide technical support for IT engineers, including visits to site.
- Communicate and share information with clients, consultants, principle and sub- contractors at some of the UK’s most prestigious flagship construction sites.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with suppliers to stay one- step ahead with knowledge and the latest developments.
- Advanced knowledge of utilities, telecoms, metering or IT- based systems.
- Previous experience working in a field-based role.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision; fault finding, ability to work on own and solve problems independently.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Degree qualified in an Engineering/ IT/ Technical discipline would be advantageous.
- Qualified in Project Management would be advantageous.
- Ideally experienced working in the utilities, metering and/or heat network industry.
- Electrical and Mechanical experience and qualified would be advantageous.
- Router, VPN, subnetting experience.
- Cat 5e/6 cabling termination experience.
- Good all-round IT troubleshooting skills.
- Must hold CSCS card (or able to get one with our support).
Apex Resourcing Solutions is a recruitment agency acting on behalf this company