Due to growth, we are currently recruiting for a Procurement Assistant on behalf of a successful MEP contractor and lighting manufacturer based in Gloucestershire.
Established over 15 years, they offer Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Services. They can provide the full Design, Supply, Installation and Maintenance package. They have a huge client portfolio across sectors such as commercial, retail, leisure, health, education and more.
The Procurement Assistant role is fast paced ever changing position, often requiring the ability to multi-task & operate to tight time constraints. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, we are seeking someone who is committed, able to contribute to improving the efficiency and quality of the delivery team.
- Accepting deliveries, checking delivery schedule against orders and preparing goods for dispatch.
- Day to day organisation/responsibility of stores under the guidance of the procurement manager.
- Preparing, organising and ensuring arrival of materials to be delivered to site from the offices.
- Monitoring and arranging the recovery/return of unused site materials to stores/suppliers as required.
- Carrying out deliveries & collections of materials.
- Entering data onto computerised Business Operating System
- General duties around the office.
- Assisting the delivery team to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Contributing to meetings with delivery team
- Answer incoming telephone calls, field and distribute as required.
- Welcoming visitors to the offices
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel & Word
- Have a full driving licence.
- Excellent written skills.
- Administrative experience.
- Must be proactive, committed & willing to learn new skills.
- Be methodical and pay particular attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise tasks and workloads.
- Enjoy and be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Ability to apply themselves working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have a can-do approach, finding solutions to challenges that arise, able to work on own initiative.
- Show flexibility and initiative within the role.
- Have a good level of fitness.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency