Due to continuous growth, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager on behalf of a well-established and highly reputable M&E and Data Communications Contractor.
This is an immediate vacancy for a Project Manager to work alongside an existing team delivering nationwide IT equipment roll outs within the Retail Space.
You will have responsibility to control the overall operational delivery of projects, inclusive of the Health and Safety, Technical, Commercial and Managerial requirements, from bid, pre-commencement to practical completion. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership. Provision of high-quality customer service and interface with relevant support functions allocated to the project, e.g. planning, commercial, technical and safety, etc.
Initial 3-month fixed term contract, could be 6 months with opportunity of permanent.
- Health & Safety – Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership to ensure that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout any activities carried out.
- Business Processes – Ensure adherence to all company policies, processes and procedures
- Compliance – Ensure under direction, all works comply with Company standards and to meet and exceed client expectations, as well as the requirements to meet/exceed international standards and manufacturers installation guideline systems.
- Team Leadership – To provide leadership for the project delivery team and to maximise the potential of the team and the individuals within.
- Bid Activity – To participate within bid activity; as requested by the senior management and to work in conjunction with the Business Development team.
- Business Planning and Budgeting – Provide input in the preparation of the business plans and budgets accurately based on the initial contract parameters and objectives. Seeking opportunities to provide actions which maximises profit on the project. Continue to monitor the profitability.
- Monthly Reviews – Provide appropriate input to all monthly reviews in line with the business procedures to ensure that the senior management have full knowledge of the completion and financial status of the project until completion.
- Project Delivery – To manage all related activities to the successful completion of the projects. In line with agreed quality and commercial plans to achieve targets within agreed timescales and cost constraints.
- Relationships with Customers – Ensure that positive relationships are maintained with the customer through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and
- Technical – Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in the provision of Structured Cabling infrastructure and particularly within the retail sector would be beneficial.
- Experience within construction sector.
- Full Driving Licence
- Project Management Certification preferably APM or Prince 2
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS or equivalent
- Able to pass a DBS.
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client