Having gone through a period of sustained growth and being awarded several new contracts, this leading well established provider of EC&I services to the Power, Energy and Rail industry is seeking an experienced QHSE Manager.
As the QHSE Manager your duties will involve
- Ensure the QHSE Department provides a first class service to the company by providing accurate and reliable advice on QHSE matters.
- To implement the company’s QHSE policies and procedures in a practical and effective manner.
- To keep abreast of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation
- To carry out monitoring, measuring and auditing of the company’s QHSE policies and procedures to ensure that they are working, recommending adjustments when required.
- To ensure that regular inspections of all workplaces are carried out and that site safety, quality and environmental reports are as independent and objective as possible and that such reports are prepared promptly and copies made available, as appropriate.
- To generate an awareness of health and safety, quality and environment within the company as an integral part of good management.
- To periodically review the company’s QHSE policies and all procedures and recommend necessary changes to the Directors.
- To ensure that periodic audits of the Quality System and other management system audits are carried out and recorded and to initiate and progress all necessary corrective action.
- To manage assessments by external authorities / clients carrying out necessary remedial action, when required.
- To ensure company compliance with the procedures for the vetting and approval of sub contractors and their site specific risk assessments and method statements.
- To formulate and introduce, where practicable, health and safety initiatives that will encourage / assist in improving health and safety standards in the work place and ensure that new and appropriate information relating to QHSE matters is prepared and circulated.
- To liaise with the HR Department to ensure that any health and safety training, as required, is arranged and carried out.
- To carry out accident investigation and develop a culture of accident reporting.
- To evaluate and analyse issues relating to customer complaints, initiate and recommend corrective actions to the Directors.
- To provide support to company departments, undertaking risk assessments and providing method statements as necessary.
- To chair any QHSE meetings as required.
The successful candidate should possess several years’ experience in a similar post preferably from an engineering, construction or manufacturing background.
IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications are essential
Apex Engineering Recruitment is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company