My client is a family run business who have been established for almost 40 years and are well known within the Generator & Plant industry. They have the UKs largest stock of New and Used Generators. Continued growth has created a new opportunity for an experienced Senior Generator Engineer.
As the Senior Generator Engineer the role will involve;
- Diagnosis, fault finding and recommend how faults, if any, can be corrected
- Working with the following diesel engines: Caterpillar, Perkins, JCB, Cummins and Iveco
- Working on own initiative and complete tasks efficiently get the job done
- Be prepared to speak to customers regarding any servicing or fault queries
- Able to occasionally travel across the U.K to inspect generators that they are looking to purchase, following up with a detailed report of the sets
- The engineer will need to be able to supply evidence of their experience in all of the above.
- The job role will be a static position based at their sit on Essex with the occasional breakdown / repair need throughout the south of England
- The successful candidate should possess several years proven experience in all types of generator repairs, maintenance, and electrical control panels. Both with new and used sets with sizes ranging from 10kVA – 2000kVA
- Basic I.T skills necessary and to be able to use a laptop to configure control panels on generators, including use of the Cat E-Tool
- Experience in load testing and load banking of all generators
- Full U.K driving licence essential
- Electric diagnostic skills required
- Qualified in wiring control panels and ATS panels, such as: Deep Sea Electronics, Power Wizard & Woodward
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency