We are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager on behalf of a leading provider of CAD and CAM solutions and projects for the education sector. The company manufacture a range of products including CNC mills, lathes and routers.
Established over 50 years, they are based in West Yorkshire and have a team of over 20 staff members.
The role of Technical Manager will be a two-fold role, with overall responsibility for the day-to-day activities of the Production and Technical Department as well take overall responsibility for Product Design and Development across the range of CNC Machines, CAD/CAM Software and F1 in Schools product range.
This is a Monday to Friday role, 37 hours per week.
- Provide support and daily management of the Technical and Production Staff.
- Responsible for creating and developing new products and improving existing products.
- Liaise with sales and technical and production staff at key stages in product development.
- Support manufacturing and design activities including developing protypes for new products.
- Provide technical support to purchasing and production departments with design issues and product selection.
- Assist purchasing with managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers and key business suppliers.
- Ensure all products comply with the relevant directives and standards and that relevant documentation is included in the CE and UKCA technical files.
- Perform design and machinery risk assessments
- Produce and maintain electrical design drawings
- Production of product training and user manuals.
- Be able to provide technical feedback so sales can maintain good customer relations.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualified to at least HNC / HND level in Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline or time served.
- Relevant experience in motion control and automation.
- Motion and stepper motor control system experience would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of prototypes and the full product design cycle.
- Ideally a working knowledge of CNC Operation.
- Understanding of software writing / coding.
- Good customer facing skills.
- IT proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook and familiar with business management software.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial and excellent team player skills.
- Able to travel to support customers Nationally and Internationally.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency