A continued increase in work load has created an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Junior CAD Engineer to join this leading well established EC&I contractor. The position will involve completing a variety of tasks to contribute towards the efficient running of the workshop on a day to day basis. Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering of jobs from customer specification to shop floor and to assist with sales and estimating.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal competently with incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers in a helpful and courteous manner whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism at all times.
- Assist with the administration for existing customers.
- Assist when required with preparing estimates and CAD drawings for customers.
- Preparation of Workshop drawings and production schedules.
- Collaboration and co-ordination of multiple design discipline models.
- To carry out site visit and surveys where required related to the design/build of new or retro-fit control panels and systems.
- To be responsible for the production and registration of drawings for production purposes, using AutoCAD software.
- To produce parts lists and manuals as required by customers using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- To be responsible for the procurement and specification of materials.
- To be responsible where required to attend site during the commissioning phase of the supplied control panels and systems.
- To produce detailed drawings, assembly drawings, construction/design drawings and bill of materials for metal fabrication, sheet metalwork, steelwork, pipework and custom machinery projects.
- Update existing drawings and complete as built drawings, where required.
- Preparing M&E drawings.
- Amending drawings (including schematics) to Engineers mark-ups.
- Able to comply and maintain company’s CAD standards and workflows.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D drafting software is required, although not essential as full training will be provided.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good levels of written and verbal communication. A desire to learn in a fast-moving environment.
- Hands on Electrical/ Mechanical and technical skills, although not essential as full training will be provided.
- An understanding of mechanical engineering and workshop fabrication & previous experience of working in an office.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency acting on behalf of this company