We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Supervisor on behalf of a local authority in the Derbyshire area.
The Electrical Supervisor will provide technical specialist advice in Electrical Building Services Engineering, ensuring that all works are carried out in an efficient manner, setting performance specifications and standards and being responsible for ensuring works meet the required quality standards.
- Provide technical specialist advice in Electrical Building Services Engineering, ensuring that all works are carried out in an efficient manner.
- Brief, appoint and manage consultants for project work as necessary.
- Oversee engineering services, delivery of condition surveys and construction projects, prepare reports, estimates, specifications, drawings and works schedules for quotations or tendering.
- Responsible for setting the design and quality specification for the Councils building construction and maintenance projects.
- Be responsible as the decision maker for the specification of project delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring effective project management of the Councils projects, ensuring work is delivered on time and to budget.
- Provide a focal point for design, maintenance and compliance consultations and advice, providing a high degree of independent decision making and professionalism.
- Provide and maintain a high level of professional standards within the Property Design and Maintenance Compliance Team.
- Ensure compliance with most recent Construction (Design and management) (CDM) regulations.
- Monitor performance of electrical design services, responsible for addressing contractor or consultant under performance and resolving issues.
- Check electrical test certification and/or commissioning certification to ensure council properties comply with electrical and British Standard regulations.
- Make site visits to council properties to survey or check installations.
- Manage the completion and handover of council building contracts.
Experience & Qualifications
- Hold a degree relevant to Electrical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in providing technical direction with regard to construction, technology and building engineering services
- Experience of managing and ensuring building compliance according to regulations, professional guidance and good practice
- Proven leadership of minor and major building works on a range of projects including: New Build, Routine repairs, Conversions, Planned preventative maintenance, Adaptations, Refurbishments, Improvements, Alterations, Demolitions and Decoration