Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a Fitter Team Leader on behalf of a specialist company who design and build water and wastewater treatment equipment.
Operating for over 120 years, they are a well-respected name within the industry who continuously work to high standards to satisfy their client’s needs. They now have offices in over 5 countries including their UK office which is based near Rochdale.
The company manufacture a range of equipment including screw pumps, aerators, fine screens and screw turbines, and have installed thousands of these products.
This is a home-based based position however, there will be requirements to travel to sites across the nation and often work away from home.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, excellent team player and experience in mechanical installation, repair and service works.
As a Fitter Team Leader, you will be expected to oversee and supervise all aspects of the small works project you have been allocated, including the team of site engineers and other site staff such as sub-contractors.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and develop with the growth of the business.
They are going to support the successful candidate with ongoing in house training and also put you through various training courses such as NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation, Crane Supervisor course, SSSTS and leadership & management courses.
- Manage all aspects of H&S on site, identify any additional hazards not covered in RAMS, that relevant RA’s are conducted, and ensuring all company representatives are fully briefed on the scope of works.
- Completion of site Supervisors daily and weekly checklists, undertake required equipment pre-use checks (including PPE and lifting equipment)
- To have the confidence and ability to halt works if any H&S issues arise and liaise with the Site Installation Manager or Contract Manager.
- Organise and prioritise daily on-site tasks, ensuring all operatives are completing their allocated tasks, in line with their specific skill base, in a safe and efficient manner and according to the project specific RAMS.
- To ensure operatives and visitors sign in each day, that they are briefed on site specific hazards and understand the daily scope of works.
- Completion of the job Quality Control Plan (QCP).
- Organising and managing the completion of ‘permits to work’ with the clients, fully complying with and checking isolation and lock off procedures have been carried out correctly.
- Ensuring projects are completed to a high standard and finish in order for us to achieve zero Non-Conformance for both installation and HSEQ.
- Controlling environmental elements on site.
- To receive goods delivered to site, ensuring they are checked against provided documentation, identifying and resolving any discrepancies and forwarding signed delivery notes to the office.
- To ensure adequate storage of delivered goods, to reduce the risk from theft or damage.
- Ensuring site is kept clean and tidy throughout works and prior to handing back to the client.
- Off hiring of site equipment and obtaining relevant documentation including off hire numbers including waste disposal.
- Working with the Contracts Administrator for any hired equipment and/or consumable items required on site.
- Providing daily update reports on progress.
Skills & Attributes
- High Level of Mechanical and/or civils experience required, proven with a qualification.
- Substantial experience of working in a similar environment. Ideally, water industry experience.
- Knowledge of good health and safety practices.
- Strong work ethic and team spirit.
- First line management experience.
- Have good time management and organizational skills.
- Full UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.