Due to expansion we are currently recruiting for a Site Supervisor on behalf of a specialist company who design and build water and wastewater treatment equipment.
Operating for over 120 years, they are a well-respected name within the industry who continuously work to high standards to satisfy their client’s needs. They now have offices in over 5 countries including their UK office which is based near Rochdale.
The company manufacture a range of equipment including screw pumps, aerators, fine screens and screw turbines, and have installed thousands of these products.
This is a home-based based position however, there will be requirements to travel to sites across the nation and often work away from home.
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, excellent team player and experience in mechanical installation, repair and service works.
As a Supervisor you will be expected to oversee all aspects of a project including the team of site engineers and other site staff such as sub-contractors. You will perform any reasonable task allocated to you including all elements of mechanical and civils type works that you have been trained to complete. This is in accordance with the requirements of our Integrated Management System. In this capacity you will report directly to the Site Installations Manager.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress their career and develop with the growth of the business.
They are going to support the successful candidate with ongoing in house training and also put you through various training courses such as NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance Level 3, SMSTS and various leadership & management courses.
- Understand and ensure all site operatives are briefed and adhere to site specific rules.
- Manage all aspects of H&S on site, identify any additional hazards not covered in RAMS and ensure that relevant RA’s are conducted.
- Completion of site Supervisors daily and weekly checklists, undertake required equipment pre-use checks (including PPE and lifting equipment)
- Understand the content of each project specific Risk Assessment and Method Statement and fully comply with the requirements.
- To ensure customers site and/or company representatives are fully briefed on the scope of works using the project specific RAMS.
- To have the confidence and ability to halt works if any H&S issues arise and liaise with the Site Installation Manager or Contract Manager.
- Organise and prioritise daily on-site tasks, ensuring all operatives are completing their allocated tasks, in line with their specific skill base, in a safe and efficient manner and according to the project specific RAMS.
- To ensure operatives and visitors sign in each day, that they are briefed on site specific hazards and understand the daily scope of works.
- Completion of the job Quality Control Plan (QCP). Obtain contracts managers QCP approval prior to leaving site.
- Ensuring projects are completed to a high standard and finish in order for us to achieve zero Non-Conformance for both installation and HSEQ.
- To receive goods delivered to site, ensuring they are checked against provided documentation, identifying and resolving any discrepancies and forwarding signed delivery notes to the office.
- Ensuring site is kept clean and tidy throughout works and prior to handing back to the client.
- Off hiring of site equipment and obtaining relevant documentation including off hire numbers.
- Where required arrange additional hiring of equipment via contracts administrator.
- Ensure correct tagging of lifting eyes after independent NDT inspections.
- Providing real-time feedback to Site Installation and Contracts Manager including providing daily update reports on progress.
- Crane supervision and lift supervision duties as required.
Skills & Attributes
- High Level of Mechanical and/or civils experience required, proven with a qualification.
- Substantial experience of working in a similar environment. Ideally, water industry experience.
- Provide on-going site-based training for new operatives.
- Ability to identify and resolve workplace issues.
- Knowledge of good health and safety practices.
- Organisational and environmental awareness.
- Strong work ethic and team spirit.
- First line management experience.
- Decision making leadership.
- Have good time management and communication skills.
- Crane Supervisor certification would be an advantage, although training can be provided if not obtained.
- Full UK Driving License.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency.