An interesting and challenging opportunity to join this leading, dynamic Building Services Consultancy specialising in design, energy and carbon reduction strategies. Covering a variety of sectors, including Education, Commercial, Retail, Leisure and Health projects. As the Senior Electrical Design Engineer your role will be to oversee junior staff and undertake engineering designs, provide project management and administration duties and to monitor design team costs taking into account the programme and budget provided for each of the projects. Working on a variety of projects, including Data Centres.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will also be responsible for undertaking fee assessments and providing fee bids for projects as directed. The Senior Electrical Engineers role is summarised as follows :-
- To implement company procedures policy.
- To carry out Electrical design and project management of various types of projects in accordance with the company aims and policies.
- To manage design team and provide Electrical engineering support to all Electrical engineers
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings on all aspects of the projects.
- Maintain and expand the client base.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports.
- Carry out quality inspections of projects.
- Use CAD systems in line with the company procedures.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects.
- Formulate Electrical standards within the organisation.
- Experience of working in a consultancy
- Project management of multi-disciplinary projects
- Producing detailed specifications
- Productions of design calculations using manual and software type
- Production of drawings manually .CAD experience essential
- Production of tender packages
- Carry out tender analysis of returned tender packages
- Production of budget costings for all aspects of services
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out on-site project management
- Production of condition reports
- Management of more junior staff.
- Direct Client Liaison
- Candidate must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of CIBSE Guides, IEE Regulations, CDM Regulations, British Standards
- Data Centres & Mission Critical project experience is desirable, not essential