Due to growth, we are currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Manager on behalf of a successful MEP contractor and lighting manufacturer based in Gloucestershire.
Established over 15 years, they offer Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health Services. They can provide the full Design, Supply, Installation and Maintenance package. They have a huge client portfolio across sectors such as commercial, retail, leisure, health, education and more.
The position is a fast-paced adaptable role often requiring the ability to multi-task & operate to tight time constraints. Reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, we are seeking someone who is committed, able to contribute to improving the efficiency & quality of the company. The position would suit a graduate with experience in the industry.
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure commercial related tasks are dealt with a coordinated approach.
- Preparing budgets, variations, valuations & applications for projects with site visits/meetings as required.
- Supporting to collate bill of quantity information & schedule of rates for allocated frameworks.
- Respond to commercial queries across prospective & live sites.
- Ensure client requirements & deadlines are met while maintaining required business margins.
- Daily liaison with existing & potential clients in a professional manner.
- Regular follow up relating to submitted work.
- Contribute to hand over secured projects to operations teams, identifying risks, opportunities, assumptions & exclusions.
- Maintain effective change control management, live reports & budget analysis.
- Ensure valuations are submitted in accordance with individual project requirements.
- Follow up on valuations to ensure payments are received on time.
- Agree & negotiate final accounts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working in the Construction Industry.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
- Full UK driving license.
- Able to prioritise own workload & work to deadlines.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Building services background preferred (bias to electrical).
- Negotiating experience & client facing confidence
- Must be proactive, committed, & hardworking
- Have a positive attitude to work & contribute enthusiasm to a team-based environment
- Vital to enjoy & be able to work as part of a passionate team
- Show flexibility & initiative within the role
- Attention to detail
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency