We are currently recruiting for a Building Services Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a Building Services Engineering company based in London.
Established almost 30 years, they have a team of over 50 engineers and offer installation, maintenance and repair services to a range of sectors including commercial, educational, healthcare, industrial, leisure, residential and retail.
This is a static role based in Blackfriars and you will be responsible for looking after the building, landlord and tenants. This is a client facing role so we are looking for someone who has a friendly approach and good communication skills.
You will be responsible for undertaking Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance requirements to mechanical and electrical plant, equipment infrastructure and supply systems. You will also liaise with and advise technical and project supervisors on planned preventative maintenance requirements for the site.
- Undertaking/monitoring the Mechanical and Electrical planned preventative maintenance operations and insurance checks where assigned.
- Assisting and advising departments on the Mechanical and Electrical testing of appliances.
- Ensuring that the FM Department staff and service/small works contractors comply with current Mechanical and Electrical regulations.
- Providing professional and technical guidance to other members of the FM Department staff and other departments as appropriate.
- Have a good working knowledge of Building Management Control Systems (e.g. TREND).
- Demonstrate full first line understanding of computerised Building Management Controls Systems.
- Be fully conversant with current electrical/mechanical techniques for building services systems, and be able to use all relevant electrical testing equipment and installation/maintenance tools.
- Undertaking training where necessary, and providing training to multi-skilled staff on the safe operation and maintenance of the installed building services on the site(s).
- Installation supervision of new minor works and projects as required.
Skills & Attributes
- Ideally served an apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services Engineering Maintenance.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- The ability to work independently and use your own initiative.
- An eye for detail and a desire to work to a very high standard.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to be a team builder and a team leader.
Note:- Apex Engineering are acting as an Employment Agency