Due to additional works on existing contracts, our client, a specialist M&E Contractor and service provider, are looking for an experienced Gas Installations Engineer to join their team working in the West Midlands.
To successfully perform domestic gas boiler installations and central heating system upgrades, ensuring all activities are completed safely, efficiently and to the customer’s satisfaction within the requirements of Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations. Training in Renewable Installations, including Solar Thermal, Heat Pumps etc is included in the offer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To install, replace and upgrade boilers and central heating systems in customers properties.
- To ensure customer property is respected at all times and work is carried out in a clean and tidy manner, demonstrating a high level of customer service at all times.
- To ensure installations are completed within the agreed timescale and to company standards.
- To adhere to manufacturer instructions when installing and commissioning appliances.
- To issue notices and certificates required by the relevant regulations relating to gas safety.
- To complete all work in accordance with company procedure, best practice, industry standards and current legislation.
- To drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and to ensure that the vehicle is maintained to appropriate standards.
- To represent the company in a positive way to our customers and the general public.
- To complete all relevant training and certifications as required by regulations.
- To maintain regular contact with the Manager, administration personnel and colleagues to obtain instructions and resolve working problems.
- To document completed works and maintain an accurate record of work carried out including measurements and calculations.
Essential Qualification and skills:
- Current gas qualifications (through an Accredited Certification Scheme), including CCN1, CEN WAT, and appliances.
- Full clean driving license.
- Asbestos Awareness as a minimum, Category B preferred.
- General IT skills, the candidate will be required to complete documentation related to work activities, which may include the use of laptops or PDAs.
· Company Van and Fuel Card
· Tools including Gas Analyser and Van Stock
· Full Uniform and PPE
· PDA / Phone or Tablet
· Company Pension
· Holidays (increased with length of service)
· Staff Discounts
· Company Events
· Reduced Local Gym Membership
· Training & Mentorship
· Variety of Work
Apex Engineering Recruitment are a specialist recruitment agency acting on behalf of this company