Due to continued growth our client, a leading well-established M&E Contractor, has a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Contracts Manager based in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate will help to secure primarily commercial contracts, but there is also the possibility of other projects.
The main responsibilities of the role shall include:
- Scrutinize tender documents, drawings, and specifications and identify key points
- Liaise with the enquirer in a professional manner regarding queries and tender addendums
- Produce detailed quantity take offs and material costing sheets
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers and specialist subcontractors to produce competitive contract sum analysis
- Work well under pressure to meet tender submission deadlines, react to adaptions and produce value engineering solutions if required
- Produce clear and accurate costings for final review before final submission
- Compiling materials lists and ordering materials for won contracts (obtaining competitive prices)
- Organising necessary labour for contracts
- Contract management and interaction with customers
- Attending site meetings where and when requested to do so
- Preparation and issue of valuations on time for contracts you are responsible for
- Assisting in the operation of current contracts for all divisions including rail
- Develop areas of the business, small to medium sized contracts
- Assist in the roles and requirements of the NICEIC accreditation.
- Assist in the H&S, Quality and delivery of the electrical installation work carried out by the business are maintained.
- Carrying out site visits and surveys (if required)
- Supervision of works carried out
The role would ideally suit a time served electrician with exceptional all-round electrical knowledge.
Preferred requirements for the role:
- City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- City & Guilds 236 part 1 & 2 or equivalent.
- City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of current H & S legislation.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours dependent on the needs of the business.
- Strong team player with the ability to work unsupervised.