We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Operative to join the Estates Department of this high profile University complex.
The Electrical Technician will be part of a technical response team ensuring asset management, H & S, statutory, work processes and compliance tasks are carried out safely and on time. All of which are to be delivered within budget and standards; whilst ensuring performance is not compromised.
This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week. You will receive 34 days annual leave inclusive of 8 bank holidays and 6 university closure days. You will also be enrolled on to the pension scheme with an employers contribution of 21%.
- The maintenance, repair and replacement of electrical plant and equipment, including control circuitry for heating, ventilation and boiler equipment.
- Minor installation works in existing buildings
- To be available for emergency call-out on a rota basis
- Help Implement a continue process of reviewing cost effectiveness / savings within dept.
- Ensure all works are carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with established working procedures.
- Ensure all PPM programmes- planned and reactive works are delivered on time. Reporting any issues via established protocols.
- Ensure that all work is planned, recorded and visible through the FM asset management tool.
- Provide information and support for audits, KPI’s to enable data analysis to be conducted.
- Request materials.
- Ensure work carried out is compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments in line with duties and ensure method statements are complied with.
- Liaise with external contractors to deliver electrical installations and maintenance in-line with specifications.
- Deal with incoming enquiries from Customers.
- Complete ad hoc duties as required.
- Be pro-active in undertaking training and development as required for the role.
Skills & Attributes
- Substantial experience of delivering electrical maintenance services on a large customer-based location.
- Familiar with reading and interpreting engineering and building schematic drawings.
- Be available for call out rota.
- Electrical or relevant qualification.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- A willingness to undertake future training as required.
- Skilled in planning and organising work schedules for planned maintenance and planning other works across a complex site.
- To work with efficiency and accurately.
- The ability to priorities own work.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- To possess good interpersonal skills.
Note:- Apex Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency