We are recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager for one of the world’s leading manufacturers and fabricators for a wide range of industries. Their customers range from large multi-national organisations to smaller enterprises. Its client portfolio includes blue-chip names and major players within national and international industries.
- To ensure the Company Health & Safety Policy is implemented across all sites.
- To ensure safe systems of work are implemented that prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health and reduce risk.
- Compliance with all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- To continually promote and improve Health & Safety within the workplace.
- To ensure regular communication on Health & Safety matters to the workforce and management teams.
- Carry out Company Health & Safety Inductions for all new employees in a timely manner.
- Ensure Health & Safety risks arising from work activities, including COSHH are assessed, documented, controlled and communicated to all relevant employees.
- Pro-actively assist and work with the management teams to ensure a safe working environment & ensure an annual training review is completed by the relevant managers for all employees.
- Coordinate and carry out six monthly internal H & S audits.
- To engage with employees on day to day health and safety matters.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is available and implemented as required by the company policy.
- All relevant Health & Safety information is regularly communicated.
- Ensure all accidents/ near misses are recorded, investigated and reported and where possible take appropriate action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure all employees training records are up to date and filed.
- Working with the HR manager to ensure that appropriate Occupational health surveillance requirements are met in a timely manner as required by company policy e.g. Audiometry, spirometry tests, sight tests.
- Chair the Health & Safety committees and ensure meetings and actions are progressed in a timely manner. At the same time ensuring ongoing communication to all personnel.
- Ensure all employees who carry out work activities at customers’ sites are aware of and comply with the customer’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and available for all relevant machinery.
- Brief the management team and employees on any changes /updates to relevant legislation.
- Organise external audits or expertise as required e.g. Noise survey, air monitoring.
The successful candidate should possess several years’ experience in a Health & Safety role within an engineering environment. NEBOSH qualified and able to work autonomously.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency