We are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer on behalf of a leading building services consultancy based in Manchester.
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will work within the M&E Design team providing support and assisting senior design engineers in producing mechanical services designs for projects across a range of sectors including Education, Social Housing, Commercial and Leisure.
- Carry out Mechanical design and assist the project manager with various types of projects
- Assist and be part of the design team and provide Mechanical engineering support to Mechanical engineers at all levels.
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings on all aspects of the projects.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports.
- Carry out quality inspections of projects.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects.
- Assist in formulating Mechanical standards within the organisation.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualified to HNC or Degree level in a relevant subject.
- Previous experience of working within a design team, ideally within a consultancy environment.
- Producing detailed specifications
- Production of design calculations
- Production of manual drawing mark-ups
- Basic Autocad skills, experience of using Revit would also be advantageous
- Assistance with the production of tender packages
- Carry out tender analysis of returned tender packages
- Assisting budget costings for all aspects of services
- Carry out site surveys
- Production of condition reports
- Supporting Project Managers in managing Junior Staff