Continued expansion and a full order book at this leading M&E Contractor, has created a new opportunity for a junior Electrical Project Manager. Working under the guidance and direction of Senior Project Managers and/or the Operations Manager. There will be opportunity for you to progress within the company and develop your own skills and knowledge.
The role will involve
- Undertaking site surveys and scoping small works projects.
- Developing designs for small works projects as well as producing a quote for the works for the customer.
- Developing work programmes, ordering materials and plant, organizing resource, and managing small works projects from inception through to completion.
- Managing and keeping control of costs on projects.
- Ensuring that all testing and commissioning is completed and that all necessary test sheets and any other O&M information is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Invoicing small works projects on full completion of the job.
- Providing management & direction to Supervisors and a team of engineers / specialist sub-contractors on small works projects.
- There may be some “out of hours” work being attendance to site and managing projects, being available to support when you know these are on site.
- A solid understanding of commercial electrical systems
- Previous supervisory experience, with experience of running small projects.
- Multi Skilled – Electrical Bias, knowledge of Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting would be advantageous.
- Report writing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- PC Literate with Microsoft office software packages.
- Apprentice Trained/NVQ 3 minimum
- Up to date with current regulations, including 18th Edition.
- Up to date CSCS/JIB card
The following would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential:
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Experience of working within the retail and fit out sector
- IET Wiring Regulations, BS 7671:2018 (Electrical Regulations)
- Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391-52 or equivalent.
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Systems C&G 2396 or equivalent.
- BS 5266 Emergency Lighting
- BS 5839 Fire Alarms
- Access control systems.
- Design Package familiarity with ability to undertake for small works e.g. single circuit cable calculation.
Apex Resourcing Solutions is an employment business acting on behalf of this company